March 15, 2023

 


Sometimes I go to church, pray and then assume that this will be enough to demonstrate and/or sustain my faith in God. 

 

Then in my daily life, I am willing to endure a certain amount of suffering, knowing that it builds my character and allows me to tell myself that I am faithful because I am enduring this hardship. But in those circumstances where I cannot see an end to my daily struggles or experience a major setback or crisis in my life, I wonder if I will still be able to call upon my faith in God  to sustain me. How much more so for those who have lost homes, and families suffering through terrible, pointless wars.

 

When we stumble and fall in our faith because the burden seems just too much to handle, God’s love, protection and strength is always there for us to call upon, even if it seems nowhere to be found. No matter how many times we fall, God will always be there to pick us up. This is not something that we can earn or have earned, it is a gift freely given to us at birth through grace to help us throughout our whole lives.

 

“And patience develops strength of character in us and helps us trust God more each time we use it until finally our hope and faith are strong and steady. Then, when that happens, we are able to hold our heads up high no matter what happens and know that all is well…”

 

Romans 5:4-5

 - Tim and Carolyn Scott 

 

Ordinary Miracle by Sarah McLachlan


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Ash Wednesday - February 22, 2023

April 2, 2023